Cheap lolz, swashbuckling romance and essay crises

Jenny is a frighteningly bright Philosophy student, Tim is her flirtatious slacker of a flatmate. Come here to follow the life adventures of these two absolutely not stereotypical Cambridge students. You'll learn very little in the process, but I'll get better at watercolour.

Sunday 19 June 2011

Special Extra! extra special

Just to help you wait for the May Week special, here's a little thing I excavated from my drawings drawer: the very (very) first appearance of (almost) Tim and Jenny in The Cambridge Student! At the time (2008 I believe?), I was doing cartoons to illustrate news stories. That one was about Emmanuel College organising a May Ball on the theme of 'The British Empire', which was seen by many people as colonialist.



When I drew Jenny and Tim for the first time a year and a half later, and still for TCS, I remember I'd enjoyed drawing 'Jennifer' in that cartoon and drew her similarly. Tim became much less obnoxious, and got blond hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment