Cheap lolz, swashbuckling romance and essay crises

Jenny is a frighteningly bright Philosophy student, Tim is her flirtatious slacker of a flatmate. Come here to follow the life adventures of these two absolutely not stereotypical Cambridge students. You'll learn very little in the process, but I'll get better at watercolour.

Sunday 6 February 2011

Outside the Box



http://www.gender-agenda.org.uk

Yes, I know, shameless promotion. All hail Gender Agenda, the official CUSU Women's Campaign magazine, which I am co-editing. The printed issue is being launched today, 2-5 at the Café Project on Jesus Lane. Come, grab a copy, drink, eat, and listen to feminist poetry and feminist music!

If you can't make it and you want me to UMS a copy to you, drop me an email at womens-genderagenda@cusu.cam.ac.uk

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Hamilcar in the first drawing! He seems a little ashamed of Tim in the second.

    I have to say, though, this has to be one the best argument to convert nice blokes to feminism.
    >>> This is the Matrix, and we're all Carrie-Ann Moss (and yes, Clémentine, she IS mega-cool and kicks ass ;) ).

    PS : "I'm a dude and not a gay one". I believe mysogyny is very frequent in the gay community, though. Never understood why, and I can't find any study on it, it bugs me. But I know for a fact that it is quite a problem, and I really don't get it, especially since feminism has done quite a lot in favor of gay rights.
    WHY, for X's sake?

    And I read the other day an article on fashion, which explained how this industry was, to some extent, influenced, if not dominated by gay men, who had a distorted vision of the female body (prepubescent, idealised). I wonder if that is true, or even relevent. And if it is, is it really linked to gay designers?

    ReplyDelete